- I was interviewed on BBC, here is the two minute audio of this short piece about indoor air pollution, May 7, 2019
- New York Times Science published an article on Indoor Air Quality, focusing on CO2
effects on cognition, for which I was interviewed. It is an excellent piece, read it now!
- I was interviewed for the 5pm news by our local TV news station on air pollution and asthma: here is the video of my KDVR interview of that segment, April 24, 2019
- I did another Indoor Air Quality Radio show with Joe Hughes; Episode 530, January 18, 2019
- I was interviewed in Jan 2018 for a podcast on the KGNU Science Show How on Earth. The topic was toxicity of fragrances.
- I was invited to give a talk at the National Academy of Sciences Microbiology of the Built Environment 2017 Symposium https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7n8oc-ITbw. And the title of talk was Building Engineering Controls for Improving Occupant Health: Mitigating Airborne Particles, Toxic Gases, and Infectious Aerosols.
- CU Boulder Today press release on my study of hospital surge capacity during airborne infectious disease outbreaks, July 2017. Paper can be found here on this study.
- Talk I gave Oct 2016 at the National Academy of Sciences on Microbiomes of the Built Environment.
- Article in the Harvey Mudd College Magazine, summarizing an interview with me, Spring 2016. Yes, I graduated from HMC in 1986.
- An interview with me, published on the CU Boulder Environmental Engineering Program website, Fall 2015.
- New York Times article about our Wild Homes House Dust Study, August 27, 2015.
- BBC News reporting on our Wild Homes House Dust study, August 26, 2015.
- Daily Camera: “CU-Boulder professor lands $1M EPA grant to study indoor air quality in retrofitted homes,” by Charlie Brennan, Published July 27, 2015.
- CU Boulder press release announcing the award of a $1 million EPA grant on Climate Change and Indoor Air Quality.
- Indoor Air Quality Radio with Joe Hughes: Episode 366, interview with Dr. Shelly Miller, May 1, 2015
- Daily Camera: “CU-Boulder study: High bacteria, fungi levels in flooded homes, despite remodels,” by Gloria Dickie, Published April 12, 2015.
- CU-Boulder Faculty in Focus No. 4: The Mechanical Engineer.
- New York Times in THE FIX: “Your Stove Just Needs to Vent,” by Arianne Cohen, Published March 31, 2010.